AOPA Members Working Group
AOPA Members Working Group (MemWG) meets around four times each year to interact with its members. All members are welcome to attend, either in person or remotely via Zoom.
The MemWG is usually very well supported. Pauline Vahey, our Chairman, Martin Robinson, our CEO, Nick Wilcock, our Regulatory expert, John Walker, our Airfields expert and Malcom Bird, Director and member of the AOPA Maintenance Working Group, frequently attend. Currently meetings are chaired by Pauline.
Several members are regular attendees but all members are encouraged to join in and participate, even if only on an occasional basis.
The MWG terms of reference (see below) include the potential to nurture new initiatives to fruition. It provides a chance to meet members of the Executive, find out what’s going on, express your views and get involved in aspects of AOPA UK's projects and initiatives that interest you.
If you'd like to attend or volunteer your services to assist AOPA in any way please contact Pauline Vahey.
Upcoming Meeting Schedule
The next meeting will be held on Saturday 21 January 2023 at:
Chaucer Business Park
starting at 10:30.
NOTE: On-site parking is limited and must be pre-booked.
It is planned to also run this as a hybrid meeting online using Zoom.
To register for this meeting, either in person or online, and request parking please email email@example.com by October 7 2022.
Members Working Group Terms of Reference
- To further the aims and objectives of AOPA UK.
- To provide the AOPA board with information, views and opinions from the wider private pilot membership and to make recommendations when necessary.
- To provide support and progress reviews for specific projects and campaigns that benefit the membership at large.
- The group to consist of grass roots members, the AOPA magazine editor, the Chief Executive and the AOPA Chairman, the latter two by open invitation.
- Membership of the group is voluntary.
- The group will aim to meet at least three times per year at a venue to be decided by the group.
- The group will elect its own chairman who should be a Pilot Member of AOPA UK.
Meeting dates and locations are notified through the AOPA UK Enewsletter. If you do not receive the AOPA UK Enewsletter please subscribe here.